Thursday, January 5, 2012

First Blog of the New Year

Well I'm not a very good blogger and with one follower (Hi Sweater!) I'm not sure why I should do this but it's kinda nice not having anyone to worry about as I write this cyber journal. I just got back from stating with my parents for two and a half weeks which was fun and ironically I think they have a striking resemblance to the Cunninghams on "Happy Days". I have given up on giving my brother a hello or goodbye man-hug. Last time I was in town he pulled away from me like I was going to touch his boob or something and when I asked him what was up he said it was because I was dirty. Whatever. I still love him and now am happy to shake hands with him as if I just sold him a life insurance policy. I am definitely done trying to cop a feel of his man boobs. 
What else. Hmmm. I am going to revive Goal Club but only have people that want to be in it be in it. If there is someone else but Sweater reading this, Goal club is a club in which goals are made and then met. If they are unmet punishment awaits ye who hasn't met ye goal. I think I may make this a free club to people outside of my immediate local friend group.
I did do some Fonzie like behavior the night before I left Chicago when I kareoked my ass off at "The Rusty Nail" in Oak Lawn, IL. To me the best kareoke place in the world, although Utopia in Portland is a very close second just for its shear hilarious awkwardness. I acted like a major goof and actually relaxed. I went out with the other friends of my deceased friend Katie for her birthday. She hated the Rusty Nail but myself and her other good friend KT love it because we are huuuge hams and basically we have the bar to ourselves with just the local old guys in the corner watching the tv. I wish she was there to bitch about being there. She was going to be 32. She always told me that her 30s were going to be about her being hot and sexy and living the life she wanted to live. A few years from now 31 is going to seem a lot younger than it seems now and her missing out on her 30s will mean something different to me than it means now. No one talked about her that night but I sung the BeeGees "How do you mend a Broken Heart" and secretly dedicated it to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment